Chemical Composition of Raspberries, Nutritional Value of Raspberries
In this article, we will show the chemical composition as well as the nutritional value of raspberries.
The weight of the fruit in wild forest raspberries is from 0.9 to 1.7 grams. They consist of:
- water: 85-88%,
- dry matter: 12-15%,
- seeds and epidermis : 4.1-9.9%.
In the case of noble raspberries, the fruit weighs 1.7 - 8.5 g. There are also fruits weighing up to 12 g. They consist of:
- water: 77.4-90.9%,
- dry matter: 9.1 -22.6%,
- soluble s.material 8.0 -1 3.0%,
- ash: 0,4 - 0,8%,
- sugar: 3,4-6,9%,
- acids: 0.6-2.6%,
- Pectic substances: 0.5-2.8%,
- pentosans: 2.7%,
- tannins and dyes: 0.1-0.3%,
- nitrogenous substances: 0.8-1.9%,
- vitamin C: 12,8-53,2 mg%,
- pH 2.95-3.52.
A lot of aromatic substances can be found in the fruit, while the seeds contain up to 14.6% of fatty substances.